- that nearly one billion people go to bed hungry every night
- that hunger kills over 200 children every hour
- that the world produces enough food for this not to be happening
- that it's time for us to take a stand and see an end to hunger in our generation!
In June of this year, David Cameron will be leading the G8 summit in the UK. Leaders of the world's richest and most powerful countries will be getting together. Here is our chance to see an end to this sickening injustice IF we are prepared to take our heads out of the sand....
What do we want?
We want our leaders to act on the four big issues that mean so many people do not get enough food.
Enough Food For Everyone IF we give enough aid to stop children dying from hunger and help the poorest families feed themselves.
Enough Food For Everyone IF governments stop big companies dodging tax in poor countries.
Enough Food For Everyone IF we stop poor farmers being forced off their land and grow crops to feed people, not fuel cars.
Enough Food For Everyone IF governments and big companies are honest and open about their actions that stop people getting enough food.
What can you do?
- Sign the petition and show the G8 that we are serious!
- If you're a pray-er, pray that the 'noise' being created does not fall on deaf ears.
- Follow the cause on twitter: @enoughfoodIF and make some noise amongst your social networking sites.
- Follow some of the major charities involved: @savechildrenuk or @tearfund and tweet using #if or #tellamillion
And if you need any more convincing, take a look at this short video clip: